1. It’s impossible for me to sleep in. Despite waking up early yesterday, going to the gym, school, to friend’s houses, and being out until 1, my body refuses to let me sleep later than 7:30.
2. The promise of a bowl of pumpkin oat bran makes me feel a little better about getting out of bed so early on a Saturday.
1/2 cup oat bran, ~1 cup water, 1/2 cup ricemilk, 1/2 banana, cinnamon, ~1/3 cup pumpkin, salt, and almond extract. The mix-ins and toppings included a spoonful of wheatberries (I love how they pop!), raisins, sliced banana, some raspberry/peach bar chunks (something Bianca made the other day), and lots of peanut butter. All eaten with my favorite little spoon that Grace got me for Christmas. And photo taken on my windowsill. I ate this in bed 🙂
3. It is an ugly, gray day here. And my mom wants to take our family to this tulip festival that happens every year. A rainy day and walking through dirt is not going to make me very happy today.
4. Saturdays are my favorite day to bake. I don’t even normally eat what I bake (except for muffins and banana bread), but I just love the whole process of baking. Since we’ve put out our cookie jar on the counter, everyone expects it to be filled with treats all the time. And for some reason, everyone always asks me why it’s empty…not sure why. Unfortunately, we don’t have any butter so I can’t bake! Although I know there are tons of subs for butter, I don’t think any of them are nearly as good as the real thing. There will be no applesauce in my cookies or sweet breads!
5. There’s a ton of music that I’ve been loving lately. Here’s some stuff I’ve been listening to!
“With Arms Outstretched”-Rilo Kiley
“Hoppipola”- Sigur Ros. This is one band that I would LOVE to see. I’m pretty sure it would be the most unreal, magical experience. If they ever come here, I would totally shell out some money to see them.
6. From May 29-31, I will be having the greatest time of my life. The Sasquatch! Festival will be here!! I can’t even explain how excited I am. 3 days of camping, music, friends, and sun. Tons of my friends are going and I just can’t wait. Some of the bands I am most excited to see are Band of Horses, Vampire Weekend, My Morning Jacket, City and Colour, Miike Snow, MGMT, She & Him, and soooo much more! It’s in this amazing “venue” called The Gorge. It’s in George, WA. Last year, I went there to see Coldplay and it was incredible. It’s literally a huge stage in the middle of these canyons. Oh boy.
During the day, it was SO hot. There’s a huge hill where tons of people just hang out. Unfortunately, there is no shade from the sun. All part of the experience though. What was incredible however, was the view at night once the sun went down.
Ah, just so incredible. And Coldplay was just great as well too.
7. Lately I’ve gotten really into these podcasts, “Stuff You Should Know” (hence the title of this post). Go to itunes, and type that in. These two guys just have tons of podcasts that talk about everything. They’re funny guys, so listening to these and learning is pretty fun. Right now, I’m listening to one about Tourette Syndrome. Just a small fraction of the ones they have include “Who are the Amish?”, “How witchcraft works”, “How food cravings work”, “How do dogs perceive time”, and “Is it possible to brainwash someone?”. I love them! Check them out, they’re pretty cool. They’re part of this website called HowStuffWorks.
Okay, hopefully that was enjoyable to all 🙂 Time to find something to do.